this blog is all about life

Monday, May 28, 2012

role model

At school we were always taught that in life we should have role models. Teachers always asked who were our role models and we always used to choose famous people, especially American’s and if we chose from South Africa, it would be Mandela.  We always thought that having famous people as role models was best and was acceptable, because if you chose an unknown person than you were seen as stupid.
Now that I am grown up, I know that a role model doesn’t necessarily have to be a well-known person but can be anyone that has good leadership skills. A person who’s not perfect but sets a good example and who learns from their mistakes.
My role model is my mother, she’s not the perfect mother but she learns from her mistakes. She’s a very charismatic person and cares about other people other than herself. She’s my rock and leads a good example for me and teaches me about life.


(image taken from: sodahead.com)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, "someone who is not perfect" exactly, because if you think about it, famous or not famous we are all imperfect because we are simply humans, not a sort of machine. I agree with you 100% on this one.

    ReplyDelete