this blog is all about life

Friday, March 9, 2012

Do I look like a foreigner?

Do I look like a foreigner? because the weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. A foreign guy from Nigeria came up to me and spoke his language and it was not the first time this kind of thing happened to me, the last time was in 2008.



The Nigerian guy first greeted in English and I responded back,but then he started speaking his language which is unknown to me. I did not respond back but he kept on speaking without stopping to let me answer him back, after he had finished speaking I told him, I did not understand a word he had said. He was so shocked because he was so sure that I was also a Nigerian and did not want to believe that I was a South African.


He even said I have to find out my real roots because I have all the features of a Nigerian. I could not believe it this guy telling me that my parents lied to me and I was not fully a South African. I told my mother about the incident and all she did was laugh at me.When I was young people used to make fun of me saying that I was foreign, but never thought someone would actually believe that I am a foreigner.

No comments:

Post a Comment